An African Son

 

An African son...

Pioneers came to Africa

When did that happen?

Civilization made it possible

To explore Africa a little.


African way was and still exotic

Can’t admit whites weren’t sarcastic

Changing your belief to believe

And when contented, he would leave.


My grandpa was a hero

He fought with all his ego

Many policies for Africans

 So, we would not be ruled with guns.


My motherland is serene

Nothing natural is ever obscene

Bet my proposal with a dime

Because a coin was introduced as a dime.


I can sit here all day long

Narrating the story thought wrong

But I think the African way was live

Exotic, indigenous characterized life.


Beauty harbors the land

Natural features like a band

 Its someone’s dream away

To visit Africa – the land far away.


Born nurtured and blend

My African style is a brand

Ask them why they won’t wand

because customs make it hard to blend.


I run back to mama

Answer and obeys without a murmur

Living by customs make me an artisan

For me, Macharia M still an African.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A reality beneath

A Young and relentless pursuer